For the Hostel Boarders
The Boys and Girls students are advised to report at ICARE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH Campus, Haldia, Dist Purba Medinipur, as may be advised at the time of counseling 2016.
The ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences & Research and Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy Hospital, Haldia provides students with Hostel facilities within its premises. There are separate blocks for boys and girls. Furnished single, double and triple occupancy rooms are available. Canteen is conveniently located within the boys and girls Hostels.
RULES AND REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO HOSTEL
General Informations and expectations
- Hostellers are expected to know rules and regulations pertaining to the hostels of IIMSAR and abide by the same. It is expected that the hostellers will maintain the dignity of the institution.
- Hostellers will submit full details of home address, contact number and specimen signature of local guardian along with the required declaration from parent to guardian and local guardian.
- Any change in the address of the parent / guardian as well as local guardian must be informed immediately. At the beginning of the new academic year the hosteller will confirm that correct addresses and correct contact numbers of parent / guardian and local guardian are there with the hostel records.
- Allotment of the seats in the hostels will be made as per the policy of the institution. If the student does not avail the offered seat within the stipulated period they will forfeit any claim for the hostel accommodation. A student who once reserves his/her seat by paying the fee for hostel accommodation, will not be eligible for refund if he/she chooses not to stay in the hostel.
- Every hosteller is to bring his / her own mattress, pillow, blanket and linen, curtains, dustbin, water bucket and mug.
- All the hostellers including fresh entrants must be present in the hostel on the previous evening of the beginning of the college session.
- The hostellers will use the campus playing field and facilities only after the college hours.
- The hostellers are responsible for the furniture, fixtures and equipments provided in the room. Hostellers are not permitted to remove the furniture or fixtures from the room. They are also not allowed to bring additional furniture without prior permission of the warden.
- Hostellers are expected to maintain the cleanliness of their rooms, bathrooms and corridors. They will not write on doors, walls or any space of the hostel. Their rooms may be inspected and checked by the warden at any time.
- Every hosteller must take care to switch of the lights and fan when leaving the room. Similarly, he will take care to close the taps to avoid any undue water wastage. It is expected that he/she imbibes the habit of conserving electricity and water in the greater interest of the institute and the nation.
- At the end of the vacation if the hosteller neither returns to the hostel with two weeks nor seeks permission to join late, his/her claim for the hostel accommodation will be terminated. The room may be allotted to another student.
- When he/she vacates the hostels he/she has to give the charge of the same to the concerned authority. Clearance certificate from the competent authority no dues regarding mess, library will be needed before getting the no-dues from warden of the hostels.
- The parents will give the names and passport size photograph of the relatives who would visit the student. The warden will have right to disallow any visitor.
- Mobile phones and valuables kept in the hostel are at studentsÂ’ own responsibility and risk and the authorities will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the same.
- During college hours when hostellers are supposed to attend the lectures, practical classes, hospital posting, field visit or other assignments they will not remain in the hostels. Violation of the rule will lead to disciplinary action.
- Defaulters regarding the maintenance of cleanliness of the room and hostel premises will be fined. Spitting on walls / floors is forbidden.
- Hostellers are forbidden to keep and use articles like heaters, iron, stove etc. If these articles are found in the room they will be confiscated and a fine will be imposed for violation of the rules.
- Cooking of any type and ironing of clothes are strictly prohibited in the room.
- Smoking, drinking, use of narcotics and drugs are strictly prohibited. Violation of the rules will result in expulsion from the hostels.
- Use of music system is permitted only if the roommates and neighbours do not object. Any violation of the rule will lead to confiscation of these equipments for the durations of stay in the hostels.
- Hostellers must dine in the mess / dining hall. They should be in proper attire and maintain the decorum. Plates etc. Should not be carried into the hostel rooms or elsewhere.
- Girls should not remain outside hostel after 8.30pm. If because of some valid reason some girl wants to be away from the hostel after that time she should get permission from the superintendent / monitress. The application must be endorsed by local-guardian.
- Hostellers will be liable for disciplinary action if he/she causes disturbance and annoyance to his room mates or neighbours in the hostels.
- No hostellers will engage any person for service of any kind. Violation of the same will lead to disciplinary action.
- The inmates of the hostel should not normally stay in hostel during college hour. Hostellers are not allowed to go out of hostels after 9.00pm. Violation of the same will lead to disciplinary action.
The students are also advised to bring with them their personal belonging including that of bed sheet, mosquito net, Water jug etc. Regular messing services will be available from the evening of the reporting day. The students are also required to bring with them the original money Receipt of
HOSTEL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Students must not leave the IIMSAR campus without permission of the Hostel Superintendent in the prescribed form (Enclosed as Appendix).
- They must keep their rooms neat, clean and tidy.
- They should intimate the Caretaker / Maintenance Officer for Civil and Electrical problems in their rooms, any for remedial measures. In addition, they are also advised to report their electrical or civil problems in the prescribed note book located at the electrical and maintenance office.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Tiffin and Dinner would be served at the respective dining halls. Student must strictly maintain the Dinner timings between 9pm to 10pm. The Dinning Hall shall be closed by 10.30pm.
- Students should be allowed to go home twice in a month with written permission from Hostel Supdt. During the period for cancellation of Breakfast, Lunch, Tiffin and Dinner, they must submit prior intimation from the Hostel Superintendent and the same to be given to the Caterer in 12 hour advance.
- Students must observe discipline in the hostel and at the Dining Hall. Objection, if any, relating to the quality and standard of food, should be brought to the notice of the Hostel Supdtt., in writing, through their respective Mess Committee.
- Students have to clear their mess bill before 7th day of every next month, failure of which shall be the withdrawal of Hostel facility.
- During the working days, for leaving Hostel on any special circumstances, students have to take written permission from their respective HOD along with the Hostel Supdt. But for the temporary visit (for a few hours), they have to sign the short leave Register which would be available at the Office of Hostel Supdt. / Warden.
- The Hostel gate would be closed at 8.30pm and none would be allowed to enter into the Hostel after 8.30pm without permission of the Hostel Supdt. However, the girls students must have to return their Hostel by 8.00pm.
- Students must not take bath in the river or in the pond even if they know how to swim. They are also not allowed to make any boating in the pond.
- Students must not involve themselves in any unto-ward incident / situation that may by chance arise in or outside the Campus. Severe disciplinary action would be taken against those found to be involved in such incident.
- They should be friendly with the local residents and neighbours and must not raise high volume of their personal Radio, Record Player etc. and disturb others, particularly at night.
- They should carefully maintain the common room and preserve the indoor games materials and other articles such as Carom Board, Chess Board, News Paper, Journals, TT and TV set etc. The TV set must be close at 10.00pm.
- The students must not bring any Video Cassettes / Film / CD etc. and see film inside the hostel either through Computer of VCRI VCP / DVD. This is highly restricted.
- Possession / Consumption of drugs / drinks of any kind, hard or soft (except Cold Drink) are strictly prohibited either inside or outside hostel campus.
- Collection of money in the Hostels for any case, without permission of the respective Hostel Superintendent is strictly prohibited.
- The Academic Director, Principal, HOD, Hostel Superintendent and other Officers may undertake surprise visit to the hostel rooms at any convenient time.
- Students must not consume additional power for using Heater / Stove / Iron in their rooms. They can however use computer and table-lamp with the written permission of the Hostel Superintendent.
- For misuse of electrical facilities (fan, light etc.) in studentÂ’s absence within the Hostel Room, a spot fine of Rs. 100.00 per student should be imposed by the respective Hostel Superintendent, irrespective of specific student involvement.
IIMSAR reserves the right to make addition and alteration to the rules to suit the convenience of both the Institute authority and the students. These sets of rules are issued under the concurrence of the Principal, IIMSAR and would come into force immediately. Students are hereby directed to strictly adhere to these rules. Severe disciplinary action including withdrawal of hostel facility would be taken against violation of those rules and regulations.