GENERAL INFORMATION / RULES & REGULATIONS
For admission in the new academic session
1. New academic session begins in September 2016 and ends in August 2017 as per following schedule :-
Date of Commencement of academic session 14th September, 2016
|College Hours||9 a.m. to 5 p.m|
|Puja vacation||07.10.2016 to 15.10.2016|
|Diwali Vacation & Bhatriditiya||29.10.2016 to 01.11.2016|
|Sports & Cultural Week||3rd or 4th week of January 2017|
|1st Terminal Examination||To be notified|
|2nd Terminal Examination||To be notified|
|Recommencement of Classes||To be notified|
|Revision Classes||Till Commencement of the University Examination|
|University Examination||Dates as may be fixed by the University|
|Post. Prof. vacation||After University Exam till further notice.|
****(N. B. The above schedule is provisional and liable to change as per the requirements)****
2. Students are reminded to wish and address their faculty members and other members of the staff with due respect politely on their way to and from college and they are expected to behave in a gentle manner inside or outside the campus.
3. Absence from classes on flimsy ground is strictly prohibited.
4. Students absenting from class must have the valid reason of absence and obtain approval from HOD. After recovery from disease / illness a medical certificate must be submitted to the HOD explicitly stating the word is Fit to attend the classes.
5. If a student is found absent for One month without leave or valid permission from the college authority, his/her name will be struck off from attendance register.
6. Use of APRON is mandatory for both Theory & Practical classes.
7. Student whose conduct is injurious and detrimental to the moral tone of the college, is liable for disciplinary action.
8. The college must be informed in writing of any change of address of guardian.
9. A student occupying hostel will be permitted to go to house only once in a month with written permission from the respective Hostel Superintendent.
10. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority that matter will be taken up by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the college & if found guilty, firm disciplinary action will be taken by the authority which might extend up to expulsion from the college.
GENERAL DISCIPLINE :
A student admitted to IIMSAR shall have to abide by the rules and regulations and standing orders for students issued by the institution from time to time. These orders shall deal with the discipline of the students in the Institute premises/campus, Departments, Hostels and elsewhere. These standing orders may also deal with such other matters as are considered necessary for the general conduct of the students, cocurricular and extra-curricular activities. Students should be aware that any rule imposed by the Institute, University and Government is binding on him/her.
CODE OF CONDUCTS, GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS :
- Regular and punctual attendance at lectures, demonstrations, practicals, clinics, Internal examinations and day and night duties in the wards is compulsory
- 2. Students whose (required attendance 75% in Theory classes and 75% in Practical / Clinical posting) progress and conduct are not considered satisfactory will not be allowed to appear for the university examinations.
- Students are to equip themselves with instrument box, aprons, copies and books as approved by the Principal.
- Ragging is illegal. If any student is found to indulge in ragging she/he will be suspended/rusticated immediately without any notice. Whosoever directly or indirectly, commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging within or outside the institution shall on conviction be punished as per the provisions of law.
- Students are not allowed to paste posters and pamphlets in the college, hospital or hostel premises. They are also not permitted to write slogans, graffiti etc. in these areas.
- Student must maintain strict silence in the classes/laboratory and must not wander about.
- Students are strictly forbidden from the consumption of Alcoholic beverages, use of firearms, weapons and abusive drugs within any part of the institution or campus.
- They must not disrupt any classes.
- They must not form any groups / sanstha / mandals / political / religious or linguistic grounds without the explicit permission from the management.
- Students studying in college if found indulging in anti-national activities, contrary to the provisions of Acts & Laws enforced by Govt., or in any activity contrary to the rules of code of conduct and discipline will be liable to be expelled from the college without any prior notice by the Principal.
- Remaining absent from the institution and hostel without prior permission of the authority is not allowed.
- Students involved in common Â‘OFFÂ’ or Â‘General AbsenceÂ’ are liable to heavy fine / punishment by the Principal.
- The students involved in common off or having less attendance in class shall be expelled from the hostel / college without further notice.
- The students are required to move silently through the corridors without disturbing nearby classes or practicals in laboratories.
- Students must always carry identity cards in the Institute as well as outside the Institute and produce them on demand.
- Student must keep the campus neat and clean, avoid dumping garbage and avoid littering plastics / disposables in the campus. Use dustbins strictly.
- Students must compulsorily attend all national festivals like 15th August and 26th January without fail.
- Students must not write on benches, walls and doors of class rooms, laboratory etc.
- Students must wish and pay due complements to their teachers and seniors.
- Visiting hostels during college hours is strictly prohibited by any student.
- Behave in such a manner that suits a Doctor / Medical student.
- The decision of College Council in all disputes would be final and binding on all students.
- If anybody is found to infringe on security guards or misbehave with the faculty or staff members of the college, he/she will be liable to face strict disciplinary action, subject to expel from the institution.
- Mobile phones and other personal items such as walkmans or cameras are not allowed in the class rooms and clinical areas.
Use of Facilities :
- Students should observe rules and regulations of the library. Gossiping and talking is prohibited in the library. Library is not to be visited during college and class hours.
- Laboratory equipments should be handled with care; students will have to pay for breakages, if any.
- Maintain general hygiene while in canteen. Use dustbins for wastes & disposables. Observe timings of canteen. During college hours visiting Gymnasium or Canteen is not permitted.